If you'd like to make money from your blog by partnering with brands, one thing you'll need to have is a media kit. While creating a media kit can sound overwhelming, it's not that difficult. With a little research and some work at the computer, you can put your media kit together in less than a week.
Know Your Demographics
If you don't know your reader demographics, there are two ways you can find out. First, look at your analytics. The analytics should give you basic reader information such as their ages and what area of the country they are coming from.
Another way is to ask your readers to take a short survey for you. One way to entice more readers to respond is to offer a small giveaway such as a gift card for those who complete the survey.
After you have a better feel for who your readers, you can begin to create your media kit.
What To Include in Your Media Kit
Your media kit should have five main parts.
1. Who you are. Both readers and brands like to connect with the person behind the blog. Include a professional picture of yourself as well as a brief, interesting bio. What are you passionate about? In addition, include your professional experience as well as any brands you've worked with.
2. What your blog is about. What do you seek to do with your blog? The brand should learn in 1 to 3 paragraphs what your blog mission is.
3. Reader demographics. In 1 to 3 paragraphs, break down who your readers are--how old they are, where they live, what their educational level is, etc.
4. Blog stats. This data is very important to the advertiser. How many unique visitors do you have per month? Page views? How many followers do you have on your social media accounts?
5. Your rates. Finally, include what packages you offer for advertisers as well as the cost.
Your media kit can range from one to three pages, though a concise one is usually better. Once you have a media kit in place, you can begin seeking brands to partner with.
What else would you recommend including in a media kit?
Looking for exclusive work at home job offers, goodies and interviews? Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter. We won't bug you more than one time a week, and you're eligible for our newsletter subscribers ONLY giveaway!