Many of the bloggers that earn a living wage from their blogs do so in the form sponsored content. Sponsored or benefited posts or "reviews" (which should be clearly disclosed so that readers know the blogger is receiving compensation for their views) can turn a hobby blog into a reliable income stream. Here are several sites that are currently accepting new bloggers and that provide payment or a gift, often in addition to the product needed for posts:
1. Mom Central is one of the oldest and most popular companies for sampling and brand ambassador programs. Bloggers who sign up for (and get accepted) for campaigns can work with big brands like Huggies, Cesar, Skype, Wet Ones, Gatorade, and Marriott! Bloggers can usually receive generous samples, as well as some form of gift (like a gift card.)
2. Business 2 Blogger is a job board where companies can post opportunities for bloggers to fill. By signing up, you will have access to apply to brand events, paid campaigns, sampling opportunities, consulting gigs and more! Business 2 Blogger also offers a generous referral fee to bloggers who refer paying brands to the program!
3. Team Mom is the blogger outreach program from Child's Play PR. They have been actively working with bloggers for years, and their programs are usually fun sampling opportunities that focus on education, toy, and health categories that families will find useful. While Team Mom doesn't usually pay bloggers for their posts, the programs are fun and give you the chance to work with brands such as Infantino, Elmer's, and Mega Bloks!
4. Sverve is a new blogging community that has just started sharing various opportunities with new bloggers who sign up. To begin, fill out your profile and don't forget to share your areas of interest. Sampling opportunities, social media job listings, and referral programs are just a few of the ways mom bloggers can earn money through Sverve.
5. Formerly called SocialSpark, this platform is now called IZEA, and many bloggers have found it to be a great way to earn -- even with a smaller blog! Opportunities (such as sponsored posts and hosted giveaways) show up in you dashboard, and you have the opportunity to claim them. Once completed, you'll get paid with cash.
6. Knerl Family Network is brought to you by the company founded by the 1099 mom and is a new, upcoming social engagement program for finance and lifestyle bloggers. They pay their bloggers via cash, and they are usually paid within 24 hours of their participation!
As with any earning platform, the more information you provide in your user profile, the more opportunities you'll get from each of these sites. I also recommend that you sign up for any newsletters they offer; you'll often hear about new jobs first - giving you an advantage with opportunities where they are "first come, first served!"